by Angela Counsel
Last week we kicked off the Strategy Series talking about 3 year and 12 month goals and vision. This week we’re going to drill down a bit more. I’m going to explain a 90 Day Action Plan to you and how to create one.
Goals are easier to achieve if you can break them down into smaller strategy plans. Instead of a 12 month goal of losing 50 kilos which seems very overwhelming, when you break it down to 4 kilos a month during the next 90 days, that’s not as confronting.
A lot of strategy is about perception. If we perceive something as achievable (which is what a strategy creates for us) we have a much better chance of success!
Okay, so here’s how you create a 90 day action plan:
- Select three goals out of your 12 month goal list you created last week
- List what you need to do to complete those goals within 90 days. Get logistical. it’s all about the do! I call them your To Do’s. What is on your To Do list to complete the goal?
- Grab your diary and calendar and look at immovable dates you have already scheduled in there (you be speaking at an event, attending a parent/teacher interview, away on holidays etc).
- Enter target and completion dates for the 90 days into your diary.
- Enter the To Do tasks into your diary.
Done! How easy was that? It doesn’t have to be hard? It’s just a matter of breaking it down into achievable chunks.