by Angela Counsel
This is a delicious alternative to the bread you buy from the supermarket that is high in preservatives and well, all sorts of weird and not-so-wonderful things. This recipe is gluten, dairy, yeast and egg free, so if you suffer from food allergies, this could be a super recipe for you.
1 cup sunflower seed
1/2 cup linseeds
1/2 cups hazelnuts or almonds
1.5 cups rolled oats
2 tbspn chia seeds
4 tbspn psyllium hushs
1/2 to 1 tspn sea salt
1 tblspn maple syrup
3 tblspn melted coconut oil or ghee
1.5 cups water
1. Combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
2. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together.
3. Add to dry ingredients and mix everything together well until everything is soaked and dough becomes thick.
4. Place into lined loaf tin and smooth out top.
5. Let sit on counter for at least 2 hours (best overnight).
6. Cook in preheated oven at 175C for 20 mins, then remove bread from loaf tim and place upside down on a tray back into the over for another 30-40 minutes.
7. Bread is cooked when it sounds hollow when tapped.
8. Let the bread cool completely before slicing. Then enjoy, is great as it is or toasted.