by Angela Counsel
Some of us have trouble celebrating though because we hang on to mistakes from the past and challenges that in hindsight we would have managed better. This stops the celebration and happiness flow. And we don’t want that.
So how do you get around it?
You forgive yourself.
Be at peace with the mistakes. Understand they are blips or bumps on the road of where you are meant to be. Learn from them.
I love Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity: ‘Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
If you don’t forgive yourself and get that inner peace, your celebration light will flicker out.
So, let’s look at a quick forgiveness exercise you can do right now.
1. Identify the pre-existing beliefs (quite often from our past) that may be holding you back by writing down 20 or more negative memories that you have around running a business, being a mum, living a balanced life, and being vital and healthy. Be prepared for some of these memories to be not so good. And don’t polish it up.
3. You may be feeling anger or resentment or happiness or embarrassment. Don’t edit it. Just keep going and lift those deep-seated beliefs out of your sub-conscious.
4. Once you have the list, it’s time to start the forgiveness process. Give yourself some time and space and take a deep breath.
5. Starting with the first memory on your list, think about the situation, visualise it and who or what is involved. Repeat the following mantra “I forgive you, I’m sorry….and I love you.”
6. Repeat this mantra for everyone who is part of this memory INCLUDING yourself.
7. Continue through your entire list of memories until you have forgiven them all.
Do you know what this does? This releases you. This releases you from your limiting beliefs, sad memories and holding yourself back. It is absolutely okay to move forward and own your future.
Forgiveness allows you to put things back in order. It allows you to move on. The memory will fade as you forgive. It may not disappear all together but it will have less of a hold on you.
The brakes will come off and it will be time to put the pedal to the metal and reach the dizzy heights you’re capable of.