by Angela Counsel
I’m sure you’ve all heard of the Third Eye. There are many references to it throughout history. With it’s traditions steeped in the spiritual roots of Hinduism and Taoism too, the third eye is said to represent perception beyond ordinary sight.
It’s all about how open you are to truly ‘seeing’ what is in front of you. As a business owner and a busy parent, you want to have your third eye working for you. It’s linked in with intuition – you know those feelings you get about somebody or a situation or an idea, whether it’s negative or positive? That’s your third eye helping you along the way, giving you guidance.
The third eye also represents imagination. And it doesn’t matter if you are in an industry or role where ‘creativity’ isn’t traditionally part of the job. In the current climate, business is ALL about creativity!
REPRESENTS: Intuition and imagination
LOCATION: Middle of the forehead above the brows
WHAT DOES IT FOCUS ON?
- Ability to think and make decisions
- Link to higher vision, purpose and passion
EATING FOR GREATER CONNECTION WITH YOUR THIRD EYE CHAKRA
- Eat intuitively
- Listen to your body and what it requires
- Nourish your brain and mood with lots of healthy fats
- Eat to sleep well
- Limit eating before bed
FOODS TO FOCUS ON FOR INTUITION AND IMAGINATION
- Chocolate (hooorraaayy!) but make sure it is dark and good quality
- Spices are great, especially ones with strong aromas and flavour such as cumin and turmeric
- Purple and blue berries
- Indigo is the colour of the third eye. Eating foods in this colour spectrum will help.
Space is important for your third eye chakra to work effectively. Mindspace, creative space, quiet space. But it also needs to be nourished the right way to really get maximum benefit from those all important intuitive feelings you have bubbling up inside you.