by Angela Counsel
Have you ever felt as though your words have been caught in your throat? Or stood up to do a presentation or performance and….oh no…nothing comes out? Or how about when you’ve gobbled down a meal while you’ve been running to the train station? Or quickly eaten something at your desk? Have you felt a bit clogged up in the throat region? It’s all related to the health of our Throat Chakra.
REPRESENTS: Truth and communication
LOCATION: Front of the base of your neck, in the hollow of your collarbone.
WHAT DOES IT FOCUS ON?
- Ability to communicate truthfully
- Associated with throat, ears, mouth, nose, thyroid, lips and cheeks
- Ability to taste, smell and hear
- Gateway for food to enter our body
- Throat Chakra goes into overdrive when we speak for no reason, gulp food and eat mindlessly
EATING FOR GREATER CONNECTION WITH YOUR THROAT CHAKRA
- Chew food thoroughly
- Slow down when you eat
- Eat high quality food
- Broaden your food horizon by trying new foods
FOODS TO FOCUS ON FOR TRUTH AND COMMUNICATION
- Sea plants such as kelp and seaweed
- Soup, sauces and juices that moisten or lubricate the throat
- High water content fruits like watermelon and oranges
It’s all about focusing on the process of eating food. Slowing down to enjoy the moment, the tastes, the textures. Think about the judges on Masterchef and how they savour every bite and pick up the tiny nuances of sweetness or bitterness in the food.
Remember that to eat is a gift. Taking time to savour the experience is helping your throat chakra clear itself, creating flow and energy for when you need to communicate clearly and succinctly.
Infinite Love and Gratitude.