by Angela Counsel
It’s about letting love in and importantly, letting it back out again. We all need love. We all need to give love too. And let’s face it, with the way the world is at the moment, we need to wrap this crazy world in as much love as we possibly can. So how do you get your Heart Chakra pumping (pun intended)?
REPRESENTS: Love and compassion
LOCATION: Between the breasts in the centre of the breastbone
WHAT DOES IT FOCUS ON?
- Ability to love: ourselves and others
- Inner peace
- Eating being an act of self-love
- Holds heart, lungs, breasts, shoulders, armpits, arms, wrists and hands – that’s a busy Chakra!
- Hands and arms give us the ability to reach out to receive and give love
- Blood circulation network associated with the heart chakra
- Must have a balance of giving and receiving
- Women, as traditional care-givers, often have an imbalance in this chakra.
EATING FOR GREATER CONNECTION WITH YOUR HEART CHAKRA
- Grow, eat and serve food with love and gratitude
- Food that has been made with love has a completely different energy to processed and fast foods
- Foods that have been grown and tended in your own garden has even more love energy
- Homegrown foods get an extra energy injection from nature
- Share food with loved ones
- Eating with others will fill our heart with joy, especially when the food has been prepared with love
FOODS TO FOCUS ON FOR LOVE AND COMPASSION
- Vegetables, particularly broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts (sorry!)
- Vegies are full of heart promoting nutrients
- Vegetables that form florets or layers are great for heart protection
- The Heart Chakra resonates with the colour green so green plants are the best for harmonising this chakra. Choose avocados, limes and the billion and one varieties of lettuce to get you started
- If you want love, then eat green!
Think back to those wonderful memories of family meals. I can still remember my grandmothers bringing in their ‘ specialty’ dish. I swear they tasted better because of the love and care they put in to creating it.
Think about how much fun it is to cook something from scratch and how good it feels when your food is gobbled up with gusto!
Keep the Heart Chakra flowing with energy by eating for love and with love.
Infinite Love and Gratitude.