by Angela Counsel
For our last blog post about stress management, I am going to teach you a simple exercise on how you can be present which will help you manage stress.
We have spoken about consciousness, our subconscious mind and the reason why we react and why we feel fear and stress.
Now I’m going to talk you through how bringing those subconscious reactions into the present can help us actually choose the way we feel, instead of having our feelings and reactions having all the power.
It’s a simple exercise and probably best done first thing in the morning. If you know you have a big day coming up, wake up a little earlier, have some quiet time in the morning before everyone else gets up and its gets LOUD!
When you have just woken up you are coming out of the subconscious state into a conscious state.
Or do it just before you go to bed as you will be moving from the conscious into a subconscious state.
2. Place your hand with the Infinite Love and Gratitude sign on your heart.
3. With your other hand, group your five fingers together and place them on the crown of your head.
4. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude. Invite pure love into your body and connect it with your spirit.
5. Lift the hand on your head up and then down again. Repeat Step 4.
6. Lift both hands off your head and heart and place them both back on again. Think about harmonising the spirit of pure love and our body together.
7. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
8. Relax and take a deep breath.
Feeling a little more relaxed and centred? Let’s keep going.
9. Place the hand you have in the Infinite Love and Gratitude mudra back onto your heart.
10. Place your other hand flat on your forehead. Now we are connecting our mind, where all our thoughts are to our body.
11. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
12. Lift the hand on your forehead off again.
13. Replace it on to your forehead. Think about connecting our body to our mind.
14. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
15. Lift both hands from your heart and forehead.
16. Place both hands back on your heart and forehad. Harmonise mind and body together.
17. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude.
18. Relax and take a deep, cleansing breath.
How are you feeling now? Calm? Relaxed. Let’s move on.
19. Point your Infinite Love and Gratitude hand (the one you have shaped into the Infinite Love and Gratitude symbol) towards the ground. We are going to plug into Mother Earth.
20. Place your other hand on your heart.
21. Connect Mother Earth to your body and say ‘My body is surviving. Infinite Love and Gratitude’.
22. Place your hand on your forehead. We are connecting Mother Earth to our mind.
23. Say ‘My mind is surviving. Infinite Love and Gratitude’.
24. Place your hand on the spirit point on the top of your head. We are now connecting Mother Earth to our spirit.
25. Say ‘My spirit is surviving. Infinite Love and Gratitude’.
26. Relax and take a big deep cleansing breath.
Now it’s time to connect with whatever or whoever you believe makes the sun come up in the morning. It may be Buddha, God, it may be the universe. It is whatever you connect with and believe it to be.
I am going to use the word Source.
27. Place your hands together in universal prayer position
28. We are going to connect the Source to our body
29. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
30. Place your hands on your forehead. We are connecting the Source to our mind.
31. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
32. Place your hands on the crown of your head to sonnect the Source to our spirit of pure love.
33. Say Infinite Love and Gratitude
34. Relax and take a deep breath.
Now you are in the present. It is a fantastic exercise to do when you first wake up in the morning or before you go to bed and anytime when things become a little bit overwhelming.
Keep stepping it out. Once you know how to do it will come quickly and it doesn’t take very long.
It will bring you to the present and when you are in the present you can make a choice. You can choose fear or you can choose love. It’s always your choice. Get out of your subconscious reactions and get into your conscious choice.
Give it a try and let me know how you go.