by Angela Counsel
I want you to know I’m not perfect. I try and stay on the front foot where stress is concerned and also proactive about my health so when I am going through a stressful period, I am not impacted as much as I would be if I didn’t look after my body and mind.
But sometimes you just have THOSE days and THOSE weeks. I certainly had one last week. Now, I hear Mercury was in Retrograde and anyone who follows astrology knows that when Mercury is in Retrograde you can get your butt kicked by the universe.
Last week I crashed the car (it’s ok no one was hurt. It was a low speed backing into incident). I mucked up an important meeting time and missed it and anything related to computers and software just decided to fight with me.
BUT I always look at weeks like that in perspective. I think, okay where is the lesson here? What can I do to learn from this? Where do I need to focus my energy on now? Do I need to go through a bit of a stress management grease and oil change to tune me up again?
And I use affirmations. I always look for positive sayings that will allow me to pop into the moment when things are going crazy. I take a breath and repeat the affirmation. Once, twice, three times …. (I know some of you are now singing that song 😉 ) However long it takes to recalibrate, look up and get going again.
So here are 7 Affirmations To Get You Through a Stressful Day.
1. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise – Victor Hugo
2. I realise that stress is only fear. I now release all fears – Louise Hay
3. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement – Helen Keller
4. I make peace with the present moment – Eckhart Tolle
5. Infinite love and gratitude – Darren Wiseman
6. May my self-doubt be transformed to self-love – Gabrielle Bernstein
7. With each exhale, I release resistance and self-judgement. With each inhale, I breathe in acceptance and self-love – Tiny Buddha
Give one or two or all of them a try. It’s the power of positive thinking. So many people lose themselves in negative self-talk in really stressful times. It’s during those periods of overwhelm that you need positivity more than ever. Positive affirmations will help you by keeping you from falling into the black hole of negativity.