by Angela Counsel
Yesterday on the CBA Women in Focus website I posted a blog about the importance of sitting with the achievements, mistakes and the learnings of the past before you rush headlong into a new plan, a new year and a new journey.
Part of that process includes listing your learnings. Here are mine for 2014 which gave me huge learning curves, huge wins and huge personal growth and understanding.
- Everything comes to an end, no matter how bad things might be things will always change
- We tend to forget the great things that happen in our lives and remember the bad. There are often so many more great things. This is why I keep my white board of achievements that I update every week
- Being busy is often an excuse for not doing the important things, this year I learnt to ask for help and to delegate more so that I can focus on the things I need to do
- It’s okay to be scared but do it anyway
- The person on the other end of the phone/email etc is a person just like me, and they are just as afraid of rejection as I am
- It doesn’t matter how much money you earn, how successful you are most of us experience the same doubts, fears and guilt
- ME time isn’t a gift it is essential
- When I take time for me – my family, my business, my health, my wellbeing, my friends – benefits
- It is really easy to isolate yourself when you work from home, it is important to make the effort to go out and socialise with others
- Should, need to, have to etc are other people’s rules and values. When I do what I want, what I love and what lights me up, I will be at my best and happiest
- When I speak in public I speak from my heart, I trust the right words will come (and they do) and I am more present than at any other time.
- It’s okay not to be perfect
- I need to exercise more
- The universe is not an entity external to me, I am the universe and the universe is me.
- My life is my responsibility, there is no one else to blame but me for what happens or doesn’t happen in my life
- Your business is your business, my business is my business, universal business is universal business
- I am surrounded by the best people I could possibly have in my life
- It’s okay to take time (or a few days) away just for me, my family does okay without me around
- You don’t need to do what everyone else does, find your own place of peace that works for you, whether than be in business or in life
- Your health and wellbeing is more important than your business, your career, your wealth. Without your health and wellbeing you have nothing.
- Every day I wake up grateful for what I have and thank the universe for the gifts I will receive during the day.
- Life is Infinite Love and Gratitude.